The new Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, timber veneered MDF wheel, three speed whorl and a wooden threading hook! With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere.
- Choose either natural timber or smooth lacquer finish
- Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.25 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- 1cm (⅜”) orifice
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
More About Ashford Wheels & Looms
In 1934 Walter Ashford founded Ashford Handicrafts Ltd, a company that has become a world leader in the manufacture of quality spinning wheels, weaving looms and textile equipment.
Today we, together with our loyal team, have produced over 800,000 wheels and looms.
We use only the finest native New Zealand Silver Beech hardwood, sourced from sustainably-managed forests with Forest Stewardship Council approval.
Our wheels, looms and carders are the result of more than 80 years’ experience, customer feedback, research and development. Available in natural wood or finished with eco-friendly water-based lacquer. They are designed to be simple, easy to assemble and finish and fun to use.
At our woollen mill in Milton, New Zealand, we source and process high quality fleeces and fibres.
Experience the joy and pleasure of creating your own unique yarns, fabric, garments and homeware using our wheels, carders, looms, fibres and yarns. Relax knowing your crafts are sustainable, renewable and environmentally-friendly.
We invite you to join our family of textile artists around the world.