I’ve Got These Sweater Pieces, Now What? (Learn to Seam)
Classes will take place via Zoom on Friday, August 6th, 6:30 - 8:30 and Wednesday August 11th, 6:30 – 7:30pm EST.
Not all sweater designs can be created seamlessly. Some styles require seams and while it adds an extra step to finishing, seams can provide clothing with the strength and structure needed to keep its shape for years of wearing and washing. Seams can seem daunting (hah!) but they don’t have to be. Learn 3 basic seaming techniques that will give you the foundation you need to start making seamed/pieced sweaters.
You can either work along with the instructor and have a finished baby sweater at the end of class, or work with 4”x4” swatches.
We will learn horizontal seams (used for shoulders), vertical seams (used for sweater sides), and combining the two for a perpendicular seam (used for attaching the sleeve).
- Comfortable with knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, and changing colours
- Email Address where we can send the Zoom link and course materials
- A device capable of using Zoom.
- Windows PC
- Android Phone/Tablet
- Completed knitted and blocked homework, a few extra yards of the yarn used to knit the sweater
- a blunt darning needle
- locking stitch markers or coil-less safety pins
Duration & Format
- Two Zoom Virtual Classes (2h & 1h)
- A few days before the class, attendees will be provided with the following via email:
- a link to the Zoom meeting
- Information about how to sign into the Zoom class & a bit of Zoom etiquette information.
- links to any patterns we will be using
- class handouts
- The class will be recorded, and attendees will be provided with a link to the recorded video a few days after the class.