Leclerc Fringe Twister is a real hand-saver! Easily twist two groups of threads together and then let them twist onto each other.
Approximately 4″ x 4″
Made of maple.
To ply a fringed edge:
- Decide on the number of strands to be included and divide them into two groups.
- Clamp one group each into the clips, and holding the wooden crank in the center, turn crank clockwise until it kinks.
- Holding the ends of each group, remove them from the clips.
- Put both groups in one hand and secure the end of the bundle with an overhand knot.
- Release the bundle to allow the groups to twist around each other counterclockwise.
More About Leclerc Looms
Leclerc Looms has been a leading producer of handlooms and weaving accessories for well over a century. The history of the Leclerc Loom company can be traced to 1874 and the founder, Alfred Leclerc. Less than a decade after the end of the US Civil War, in the Canadian province of Quebec, Alfred bought a flour mill in the town of St. Cyrille powered by a water wheel that had machinery for carding wool on the premises.